The Johnson Family

Friday, July 13, 2007

July 13, 2007

Hello everyone! I know it's been awhile since my last post; a year or so, I think. I finally have something to write about and show you, so I thought it was time for an update.



Jim:

Jim's been doing pretty good. He had an appointment with the VA last Friday, and at that time his blood sugar was somewhere in the high 500's. As you can imagine, his doctor was not very happy with this, and it was decided that he'd have to start Jim on Insulin shots. Last Tuesday Jim and I went back to St George, where he got his medicine and instructions, and he's been taking his shots faithfully ever since then. He reports that he is feeling better and more energetic now than he has in a long time. His blood sugar is also going down. This morning before breakfast it was around 250.


Kenzie:

Kenzie is enjoying her summer. This past week she attended a VBS at the city park, and she loved every minute of it. She's already asking if she can go back next year and planning on taking her little brother with her! Kindergarten starts on Aug 29, which she is undecided about. Some days she's excited about starting "big kid's school", and other days she's scared to start something new. She'll be ok, though. She tends to make friends quickly and adapts to new situations pretty good. She's also looking forward to making the trip to Phoenix in September with grandma and to seeing uncle Joe, aunt Karen, baby Ryan (as she calls him) and the twins. Dance and gymnastics classes are also on the horizon, both of which will start sometime in August or September.


Beth and Baby Boy:

Both the baby and I are doing well. This past Tuesday marked my 30th week of pregnancy, and Jim and I both find it hard to believe there's only 10 weeks left until my due date. Everything has gone so fast! The baby has become even more active since our trip out to Illinois. It seems like he's constantly squirming and moving and kicking in there. This weekend we will all be hard at work moving Kenzie into the bigger "computer room" and setting her old, smaller room up for the baby.





That's all the latest news from Utah. I have some video from Kenzie's VBS program this morning, and as soon as I figure it out, I'll share them with you all. For now, though, here are some pictures of Kenzie. :) Love, Beth, Jim, Kenzie, and Baby Boy








4 Comments:

  • Well, since I see you every day, I pretty well know what is going on in your life, but I must say that I sure have the cutest grandbabies in the world, both in Utah and in California, soon to be Anthem, Az.

    I already got to see the videos. They are pretty cute. You all have to wait. heeheehee.

    Grandma S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:00 PM  

  • Beth, I just wanted to let you know you can come back to Illinois anytime you would like!

    Sounds like things are going good. Miss you and love ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:45 AM  

  • Well it's about stinking time you updated. I've been checking your blog every day since last August. Okay, so maybe not. But it's a good thought, right? I'm sorry I missed you when you were in IL. It sounds like the cousins night was a smashing success. If you ever need someplace new and exciting to go, you can always try Alabama! But until then...... love you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:12 AM  

  • Hey Beth---

    I didn't get that e-mail I don't think...I'll check again, though...
    Miss ya and love ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home